Monday, June 18, 2007

A Father’s Day Blessing

A little over a month ago Holly had a Mother’s Day she’ll never forget. She spent Mother’s Day in the hospital holding her brand new baby girl, Harper. Well, I got the greatest Father’s Day present. I got to bless my baby daughter on Father’s Day. Holly made her blessing dress, which turned out beautiful. She found one she liked online, but it cost $350, so she decided to duplicate it on the sewing machine. Harper looked so precious.









(click on pictures to enlarge)










We had a lot of family and friends join us for our special day. All of Holly’s family came except for Hollan, who is in El Salvador for the summer, and Heidi’s family who live in Georgia. Both Heidi and Hollan have been able to meet Harper though. From the Brown side, the Wardrops and the Naylors were with us. We were sad that G&G Brown are so far away on their mission to New Zealand and the Engles are a long distance in Michigan. We also had our "Beach Buddies" with us – the Christensens, Murdochs, and Claytons (our friends that went to North Carolina with us).


Church was at 8:30 AM, so we had a light brunch afterwards. Holly made wonderful food – homemade cinnamon rolls and orange rolls as well as breakfast casseroles. We had lots of fresh fruit as well.

It was a wonderful day, and a father’s day I’ll never forget!

3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

Thanks for the invite to Harper's blessing! We feel so blessed to be in your circle of friends. Congratulations on the birth of Princess Harper!

MelRae Brown said...

Dear Brown Family: What can I say? I don't have the words to express how very wonderful this posting is. We feel we are almost there with all of our dear family. BABY PRINCESS HARPER AFTON - You are gorgeous!! Your sweet smile, your bright eyes, your beautiful face, and your (Happy Talk) fingers. I can't take my eyes off you. And your dress!! I can't believe anyone could sew such a masterpiece. But your talented Mother seems to be able to do anything!! I can see it is worth $350 and on you, it is worth over $1,000. I treasure this picture. You truly are a princess.
All the other pictures are fantastic.
Mark, Holly and Harper Afton, you are a beautiful family.
Suzi and Sheryl look like they are the in finals for Miss America.
Jason, Crew and Dallin - what handsome hunks. Be still my heart! Crew, I love your hair. I could hardly recognize you. Good job. Naylor Family all great looking. Grandpa Harper with the angel.
Mark, Thank you so much for all the work you do to make our Blog so amazing. We live for news and pictures like this. We know it takes time but we BEG the rest of the family to share your fun and excitement with us. It helps us feel we are still close to our loved ones. Love, Grandma

David Brown said...

Crew,

I had to look twice to recognize the handsome guy with Dallin, then I remembered that Mark had said that you had gotten a new haircut. It looks great!

It would be rxciting if you and Dallin just happened to be called to the same mission with you blazing the trail by preceding Dallin by nine months. You two handsome guys would be very effective in converting the YW.