Sunday, May 11, 2008

WE WERE THERE!

The day after we returned from New Zealand we rented a Disney movie as a family. In the previews for the movie we watched a trailer for the new Narnia movie. Holly and I literally jumped out of our seats while watching the trailer because the scenes were filmed in the exact same location we were at just 3 days earlier. The scenes were shot at Coromandel Peninsula (Cathedral Cove) in New Zealand. It is a beautiful sandy beach with caves and a really cool archway. The interesting thing is that it is about a one hour hike to this beach. Holly and I were trying to figure out how they got all of the film equipment down to the beach.

Now we are even more excited to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie. The pictures on the left are from the movie and the pictures on the right are from our vacation.

Chronicles of Narnia.............................................Chronicles of Mark, Holly & Harper















2 comments:

Christensen Family said...

As much as I want to see the movie...your trip pictures still look more fun! And...happy first birthday Harper!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I love that place!
Please can you lend my an e-mail with the name of that beach and in with city it is? It will be a big big favor! valenn.peyregne@hotmail.com
I'm planing traveling with my family and i'll love to visit the narnia's cave! hahaha
well.. thanks!
bye
Valentie