Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mormon Helping Hands #2



David - Standing with Prime Minister Sevele and his wife and with Elder Fineanganofo. We received a hand delivered engraved invitation from the Prime Minister the follwoing week to attend the Prime Minister's Reception and a Military Parade the next morning for the King's 59th birthday. The invitation was delivered to our Tonga Service Center and, of course, we had already left for Auckland so we had to decline the invitation. For better or worse, we are now recognized throughout the islands and treated almost as equals with all of the cabinet ministers who we have met with to coordinate this major project.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you missed the King's birthday party. This reminded me of my favorite book as a child...

...It made me think that maybe we'll plan our visit next year in time for the King's birthday.

Can you ask the king "May I Bring a Friend"? We have 3 monkeys that would love to attend.

Since the king respects you so much, I'm sure he would say "Any friend of my friend is most welcome here."