Monday, August 13, 2007

The Ricks' Ranch

For the 24th of July, Pioneer Day, the Wardrop's went to the Ricks' Ranch, which is up by Strawberry Reservoir in Utah. The Ricks are our good family friends that live down in St. George. They have acres of beautiful land with horseback riding, repelling, fishing, 4-wheeling, etc. It is the ultimate outdoorsman paradise. In the morning we all went repelling off this huge (probably around 75ft) rock face. It was HIGH! Travis and Weston went first and were absolute champs! They were so brave. Jordan repelled several times like he was a natural. There were a few of us on the other hand that were not so brave; this included my dad and me. My legs were shaking the whole way down. As you can see from the picture my dad wasn't doing much better:) When he first stepped over the cliff he didn't use his legs to push his body out and ended up completely laid out, upside down against the rock face. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how he even made it down.
In the afternoon we went on a horseback ride and Travis and Weston were on their very own horses. Now these aren't just any horses, they're fox-trotters. If you have never ridden a fox-trotter before, you are in for a new experience. They ride like their name--always trotting! I'll tell you that it hurts to sit for about a day after only a 20 minute ride!
Overall, the whole day was packed full of fun things to do. When you're with the Ricks' there is never any down time. We all had a lot of fun, and Jordan had so much fun that he is considering making the Ranch his permanent residence.

1 comment:

MelRae Brown said...

Shayna Puff! You are wonderful to fill the blog with such great photos and articles. We love them. No family has as much fun as the Wardrop-Browns. I agree with Jordan. I would love to live at Lake Powell or on the Rick's Ranch. However, I am getting too old to try all the thrilling adventure activities. I would just take my folding chair (or floating recliner) and cheer on the dare devils.

Jordan, you may not have known when you chose the fairest maiden in the land (Shayna) that she came with such a super, fun family and lots of great toys.

Weston, I love the photo of you on the beautiful horse. I am amazed that you can ride so well alone. You are amazing! You too, Travis.

All our love, Grandma Brown