Saturday, August 18, 2007

Havasupai


I thought I would post a few pictures from a recent YM hike that Crew and I went on. It was to the southern end of the Grand Canyon in an area called Havasupai. It is named for the Havasupai Indian tribe that lives nearby the waterfalls. We spent four days swimming and cliff diving. The hike was 12 miles each way, but well worth the trip.
These are pictures of us cliff jumping. The picture on the left was a 45' cliff. I was the first person to do a flip off of it. The picture on the right was Crew and I jumping together off of a 25' cliff.
The last picture is Crew with his good friend David as they walked through the travertine pools.

1 comment:

MelRae Brown said...

What a beautiful place. Some people just know how to have fun. And yes, Terry I can believe you were the first to do a flip off the cliff. Please be careful!! That looks like a very fun spot. It's great that you can be with Crew on such a trip. Keep being a great dad.
Love ya,
Grandma B.