Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Jason's Mission President

When we saw the Wardrop's on Sunday, they mentioned that Jason's new mission president had just been profiled in the Church news (just two days after Jason received his call -- PERFECT TIMING!!)

President Tobias will begin serving in July. Here is his bio:

President Tobias, 40, Brazil Goiania Mission; Feira de Santana 2nd Ward, Feira de Santana Brazil Stake; former stake president, counselor in a branch presidency, high councilor, stake mission president, stake Sunday School president and missionary in the Brazil Brasilia Mission. Coordinator, Church Educational System. Born in Coxim, Brazil. Has three children.

A counselor in the ward Primary presidency, Sister Tobias is a former teacher improvement coordinator, ward Relief Society president, gospel essentials teacher and counselor in a stake Primary presidency. Born in Sao Paulo, Brazil.


By the way....I also noticed that a different Elder Tobias was just called to serve as an Area Seventy (in the 7th Quorum). He is also from Brazil and they have the same middle initial (and they both work for CES). I'm wondering if they are brothers? Maybe "Tobias" is a common name down in Brasil. Here is his bio:

Elder Tobias, 49, Barroca, Brazil; CES regional coordinator; former mission president, stake president and counselor, high councilor, bishop and branch president. Wife, Tarcila; three children.

2 comments:

Sheryl Wardrop said...

Mark, you are so on top of things! Thank you for posting about Jason's mission pres. Also, thanks for alerting us to the possible relationship with Elder Tobias.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Erick Bakker. I'm sorry to prod or interrupt, but I was just curious...
I was called to serve in the Brazil Goiania Mission on March 3, 2007 and I'm still waiting to report to the Sao Paolo MTC on June 27th. I leave just the morning before. Only the Lord knows why I have so long to wait.
Anyways, I looked up President Tobias on Goggle and this is what I got. I was wondering who Jason was? I've made contact with about four other prospective missionaries that'll be flying on our way to Brazil where we'll meet in Atlanta. We meet on a website called Facebook on www.facebook.com and we're all trying to learn as much as we can about the mission and the field; whatever we can do to prepare ourselves for the work. If you want to write back, you can email me at xboxstinx@hotmail.com or if anyone has a facebook, you can look me up: Erick Bakker. Thanks for reading and sorry again, I didn't mean to pry.

-Erick Bakker